Cydia Download Free
Generally, Cydia is known as a package manager mobile application for jailbroken devices including iPhones, iPods and iPod Touch. Mostly, Cydia is referred to as a digital distribution platform. Though the Cydia is the official name of the app it is called Cydia installer since it is used to install apps and not to be used as an app itself. Cydia download is one of the most successful alternatives to Apple's App Store for "jailbroken" iPhones, iPods and iPod touch devices. It downloads and installs software packages on jailbroken iOS devices and allows users to choose and install what they prefer.
How Does Cydia Installer Work
Cydia installer works as a graphical user interface to install apps and tweaks on jailbroke devices. It uses the Advanced Packaging Tool (APT) repositories and installs apps and tweaks that are not available in the official Apps store. Advanced Packaging Tool is a free software user interface which is written in c++ language to manage software installation and removal on Linux and related Linux distributions. It convinces the process of managing software on Unix-like computer by installing and configuring the software packages. Cydia installs apps and saves them in the Applications directory where official apps exist. Cydia download does not abort your purchases and downloads via the official Apps store when using it on your iDevice.
What is Replay Attack
A jailbroken device loses its jailbreak when it is upgraded to a higher version of iOS and it is difficult to downgrade it unless you have not saved SHSH Blobs of your device. SHSH Blob is the digital signature which is used by Apple to generate a specific firmware file for a specific device. When the latest version is released Apple stops the signing of the previous version preventing users from downgrading to lower versions. But you can restore your device if you have saved your SHSH blobs. Cydia installer keeps your SHSH blobs saved and allows you to downgrade your device after you have upgraded your device to a non-jailbroke iOS version. We call this mechanism "Replay Attack" and it is more compatible with iOS versions prior to iOS 5.0. Because Apple uses an advanced mechanism to create SHSH Blobs for the latest iOS versions.
Cydia Downloader Changelog
- In 2008, Jay Freeman (Saurik) released the initial version of Cydia Installer.
- Saurik released Cydia Substrate for the Android operating system in 2013, May (Android versions 2.3 to 4.3).
- Cydia installer worked on iOS 7 smoothly in 2013, December.
- Released Cydia downloader 1.1.12 support with the Vietnamese Language in 2014, June.
- Saurik released Cydia Installer 1.1.15 with support for iOS 8 and more bug fixes.
- 2014, November, Cydia Installer version 1.1.16 came out with some minor bugs.
- Pangu released Pangu 9 jailbreak with the ability of Cydia download for iOS 9-9.0.2.
- Supported on iOS 10.2, Smooth Cydia purchases and updated Cydia to version 1.1.30 in February 2017.
- Electra jailbreak compatibility with Cydia on iOS versions 11.0-11.1.2 in February 2018.
- CoolStar released a patched version of Cydia download for iOS versions 11.2-11.3.1 in July 2018.
Features Of Cydia Free Download
- Provides Standard iOS applications.
- Extensions and Modifications for the iOS apps and interface are available.
- Emulators are available to play old games.
- Helps users to download and install open-sources software packages.
- Helps users to buy modifications based on Cydia substrate for jailbroken devices.
- Converts your device into a full-fledged UNIX workstation installing UNIX command line tools including bash, Coreutils and OpenSSH.
- Provides third party apps which are not available in Apps store.
Cydia Download Compatibility
As mentioned above, Cydia download free is only compatible with jailbroken iDevices. Some jailbreak tools install Cydia automatically and other tools let users install Cydia themselves. Currently, users can Cydia download on iOS 12.4, iOS 12 - 12.2, iOS 11.4.1 -11, iOS 10 - 10.3.3, iOS 9-9.0.2, iOS 8 - 8.1,iOS 7 - 7.1, iOS 11.0-11.1.2, iOS 11.2-11.3.1, iOS 11.0-11.4.1.
- iOS 9-9.0.2 , iOS 8 - 8.1 and iOS 7 - 7.1 - Pangu Jailbreak installs Cydia.
- 10.3.3 to iOS 10 - Cydia download using Yalu102 jailbreak, G0bling jailbreak and few other jailbreaks.
- 11.4.1 to iOS 11 - Both Electra and Unc0ver jailbreak tools install Cydia App.
- 12 to iOS 12.1.2 - You can install Cydia on any iDevice running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 except iPhone XS, XR and iPhone XS Max using Unc0ver jailbreak.
- 12.4 - The latest uncover allows you to Cydia download free on including Apple A12 - A12X devices.
- 13 - Cydia Elite can install Cydia on iOS 13 running Apple iDevices also supports iPhone 11 & iPhone XS max.
How To Download Cydia Installer for iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver Jailbreak
Here you can learn to install Cydia after jailbreaking your device. If you feel this jailbreaking method is uncomfortable you can use online jailbreak methods such as Cydia Elite to Cydia download free on your device.
- Step 01 - Back up your iDevice using iTunes along with SHSH Blobs.
- Step 02 - Download latest unc0ver IPA file on your computer desktop.
- Step 03 - Download and Install Cydia Impactor application on your computer.
- Step 04 - Connect your iDevice to the computer and launch the Cydia impactor.
- Step 05 - Drag and Drop the Electra IPA file on to the impactor and click on the "Start" button to sideload it on your iDevice.
- Step 06 - Once you have dropped the app on the impactor, it will prompt asking your Apple credentials.
- Step 07 - Enter your Apple ID and Password to sideload the unc0ver on your iDevice.
- Step 08 - You cannot run the unc0ver as soon as you installed it on your device since you have to trust the app. Go to Settings >> General >> Profiles & Device Management > Your Profile and tap on the trust button.
- Step 09 - Now, configure the following settings and launch unc0ver.
- Step 10 - Now, Launch unc0ver jailbreak application and tap on the "Jailbreak" button and unc0ver will jailbreak your device installing Cydia installer on your iDevice.
- Delete OTA updates, install the tvOS profile and reboot the device.
- Disable Siri and Find My Phone option.
- Enable Airplane Mode and reboot the device.
Now, you can launch the Cydia application and add sources in it. There will be some software packages on your Cydia apps and you can use them or add your preferred packages.
How To Cydia Download Free Using Cydia Elite Online Method
- Step 01 - Go to www.cydiaelite.com through the Safari Web Browser on your iDevice.
- Step 02 - Tap on "Cydia Download" button in the top of the page.
- Step 03 - Then, Cydia Elite will analyze your iOS version to check if Cydia Elite can jailbreak it.
- Step 04 - Next, Tap on "Install Cydia" button to jailbreak your device.
- Step 05 - After jailbreaking, you get the "Install Page" and tap on "Add to Home Screen" button to download Cydia Installer.
- Step 06 - Next, you will be navigated to devise settings and follow Install > Enter Passcode > Install > Done to complete the process. Now, you have installed Cydia installer on your device successfully.
How To Add Sources/Repos To Cydia Installer
Repo is referred to as a bundle of software and tweaks. Each repo contains a number of software/tweaks and you can choose one of them and install it on your iDevice.Make sure the compatibility of each software package with your iOS version before installing it on your device since incompatible tweaks may not work on your iOS device.
- Step 01 - Launch Cydia App Store on your iOS device.
- Step 02 - Tap on "Manage" icon.
- Step 03 - Tap on "Sources" option.
- Step 04 - Then, you will get a list of packages under the "Installed by Package" in default since you have not installed by yourself yet.
- Step 05 - Now, tap on "Edit" button on the top of the screen and next tap on the "Add" button.
- Step 06 - The, you will get a dialog box to type the name of Cydia Repo you want to add. Make sure to type the repo name correctly to find it soon.
- Step 07 - Click the "Add Source" button after entering the repo name to add it to Cydia Sources. Newly added Cydia sources are available under the name of "Installed By User" under Sources.
Note: You can tap on the "Search" button and explore the available sources and also you can tap on “More Package Sources” under the "Home" button to find more packages.
Cydia Download Troubleshooting
You may get this error when your internet connection is not working. Try again after fixing the connection.
When the file you downloaded does not match with the file in the Source's server Hash Sum mismatch error occurs. Poor internet connection, server errors, interrupted downloads may be the reasons. Try again using a strong internet connection.
- GPG error - NODATA 1 NODATA 2
You may face this error when Cydia sources you have tried are unavailable (temporarily or permanently). Various reasons may cause the problem including the wrong URL, source shut down/broken. Keep trying for a few days and delete struggling repos if you do not see a result.
- Problem parsing dependency
Some sources you have installed are not set up correctly. That is why you are receiving the error message. But the problem is not your end. You have to delete them to move forward.
- Wow, you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of
You get this error message when you have reached the maximum number of packages that the app can manage. Mostly the error occurs on Cydia versions before 1.1.10. You can fix the problem after deleting some sources and refreshing the Cydia Sources. But make sure not to delete default sources in the app.